Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Note to Spring 2014 Interns

WOW you did it!

I was very impressed with all of your effort yesterday and the genuine comments you had about the strengths and weaknesses of the CCMS internship program, thank you.

Just a few quick things.

1.     please send your supervisor an email with all your reports attached and any other material you would like to submit to your file.
2.     Make sure your portfolio is complete as I cannot give you a grade without that being done and that means you will not graduate!
3.     If you have a one sentence piece of advice, observation, suggestion can you please send it top me and put internship advice in the subject, I want to assemble some words from you, I will not use any names!
4.     Breath!

Girls it was a pleasure to watch you work your way through your studies at Zayed University and CCMS.

I know things have not always gone as planned or been easy but you are a remarkable group of students for finding a way to make things work even when there seemed to be no way forward.

Without exception you have all matured over your time at ZU and I am impressed on a daily basis with your talent, inquisitive nature, get it done mentality and above all compassion.

Thank you for making my job as a professor interesting, sometimes frustrating, but always 100% rewarding.

I will miss you all.

Please keep in touch, you know I remember names badly so remind me of your names and year.

My plan is to reach out to Grads on a regular basis starting in the Fall to keep track of what is going on and try to get us together once in a while, even for coffee at the LimeTree!

Girls well done you have earned my respect and admiration and I wish you all the very best as you move onto the next phase of your life.

Sincerely,


Dr. James Piecowye

No comments:

Post a Comment